How we collect personal information
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. Kimberly-Clark may collect information about you (such as name, e-mail, phone number, date of birth, postal address and social media account IDs), in the following ways:
- when you provide the personal information to us (e.g. when you contact us via telephone, email, or by any other means);
- when you make a payment to us or our carefully selected partners;
- through your use of our websites and other online applications or social media platforms;
- through third parties like our retailers, promoters, business partners, end users, customers, distributors and persons with whom you are connected on social medial platforms;
- when you request a sample, contact us to enquire or provide feedback about our products;
- when you submit ratings or reviews about our products/services;
- when you participate in our promotions, seminars, webinars, events and market research; and
- when you apply for employment with Kimberly-Clark
Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs and similar technologies may also be used by us or our third party service providers to measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about communications and site usage.
Furthermore, and as is common practice, we may identify and compile information concerning your IP address (a number automatically assigned to your device by your internet service provider) which helps us to calculate site usage levels, diagnose technical problems and administer our websites and other applications.
How we use personal information
Your personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy laws. We may disclose or use your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it, as well as for related purposes where you would reasonably expect us to do so. This may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- to respond to your inquiries or feedback and to fulfil your requests;
- to process rebates, rewards, donations, prizes, or sample requests;
- to provide you with updates, announcements and details of promotional activities concerning any Kimberly-Clark brands, as well as non-Kimberly-Clark brands which we believe may be of interest to you;
- to enable you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds and blogs;
- to invite you to subscribe to our newsletters, join surveys, promotions and contests
- for our business and business improvement purposes, including quality assurance, market research, developing and improving our products, services and processes, enhancing our sites or applications, identifying usage trends, understanding behaviour and preferences of customers, identifying and customising products and services for customers, measuring customer satisfaction, and measuring performance of marketing initiatives, advertising, applications and websites;
- to manage and administer our relationship with you including due diligence checks and the processing of payments;
- in dealing with our third party service providers that provide services such as advertising, web hosting and moderating, e-mail and direct mail delivery, IT services and fulfilment houses;
- where the law requires or permits us to do so, including sharing your information with government entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims that might be brought against us; and
- for other purposes disclosed to you when we collect your information.
- we may allow users of our websites, applications and social media pages to share comments, postings, testimonials (including ratings or reviews), or other information. If you choose to submit such information, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public through our websites, applications and social media pages or those of our partners, with whom we may share that information; and
- circumstances may also arise where Kimberly-Clark decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise its business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual buyers or sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for the disclosure of such information in these types of transactions.
You may restrict the use of your personal information at any time by using the opt-out mechanism that we include in our communications with you or you may contact us at the details set out below.
We will take all reasonable steps to maintain the security and integrity of your personal information including through the use of access passwords, firewalls and requiring that our partners protect your personal information.
We may share your personal information with certain third parties (as described below).
How we share personal information
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Kimberly-Clark group of companies. We may share information with Kimberly-Clark group of companies, including our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Sharing Your Information with Partner Companies. We may share your information with carefully selected partner companies when we believe their products or services may interest you. You may "opt out" of partner offers and programs at any time by updating your User Profile (if available) or contacting us per the contact details specified below. Our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for purposes other than presenting relevant offers and programs, and they are required to maintain your contact information in confidence.
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyse the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries.
- Interest-Based Advertising. Kimberly-Clark participates in interest-based (on-line behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Kimberly-Clark products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites.
- Blogs, Online Postings and Testimonials. We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials (including ratings or reviews), or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Other Third Parties. We may share non-personal information with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we may aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal information of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we attempt to remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Kimberly-Clark, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transactions. Circumstances may also arise where Kimberly-Clark decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise its business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual buyers or sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for the disclosure of such information in these types of transactions.
Overseas disclosure of your personal information
Your personal data may be sent to storage locations or servers located outside of Singapore or may be sent or disclosed to Kimberly-Clark affiliated companies, third parties service providers and partner companies located outside Singapore. If you provide your personal information to us in accordance with this Policy, you are taken to consent to the disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that recipients of your information protect your personal data in compliance with at least the same standard as that in Singapore.
Information collected through employment applications
In processing applications for employment, Kimberly-Clark collects resumes, references, certificates of graduation and qualification and other personal information about candidates. We may also provide your application to a recruitment agency or contractor that may assist in reviewing applications we receive.
Letters and resumes sent to Kimberly-Clark as part of an application for an advertised position, or sent to ascertain whether any positions are available, will be used to match applicants with available opportunities. If we consider that your application may be suitable to our current requirements, we, or a party acting on our behalf, will notify you and may also contact persons nominated by you as referees and ask them questions in relation to you. If your application is not suitable for our current requirements, but we feel that there may be a position for you in the future, we may keep a record of your application and contact you again if a suitable position becomes available. Please advise us if you prefer that we do not retain your information for this purpose.
Websites operated by Kimberly-Clark may contain links to other sites operated by third parties. Kimberly-Clark makes no representations or warranties as to the privacy practices of any third-party site and is not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites.
Accessing, correcting, updating or limiting processing of your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, port or delete the personal information that we hold concerning you, or if have any questions or complaints regarding treatment of your privacy by us, please contact:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Kimberly-Clark Singapore Pte Ltd
83 Clemenceau Avenue, #14-05 UE Square Singapore 239920
Phone (Singapore): 1 800-562-5275
Fax (Singapore): (65) 6327 3857
E-mail: [email protected]
We may charge you a small fee to cover any administrative costs that we may incur in providing personal information to you.
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post the changes on our websites. Any changes to the Policy are effective from posting the revised Policy on this website.